LA 519新約書卷原文釋經 課程大綱（網上校園版）
Spring 2020 Tu/Th 9:00 – 10:45 a.m.
延續LA 513 & 514 (Greek I & II)，介紹新約希臘文經卷的基本經文鑑別學原理，亦使用之前所學過的希臘文基本無法來閱讀及詮釋新約加拉太書。
完成本課程同學應該1. 掌握新約經文鑑別學的基本操作，2. 使用希臘文文法作簡單新約釋經，3. 能明白及評論一般希臘文新約釋經書的內容。
Bateman, Herbert W., IV. A Workbook for Intermediate Greek: Grammar,
Exegesis, and Commentary on 1-3 John. Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications,
Logos Bible Software (Alliance Bible Seminary Library 2019)
Aland, K. et al. eds. The Greek New Testament, 4th rev. ed. with Dictionary. Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 1994 (=UBS4)；或UBS5。
Danker, F. W. et al, ed., 中文版主編：麥啓新。《新約新約及早期基督教文獻希臘文大詞典》。香港：漢語聖經協會，2009。(=CBDAG)
Metzger, B. M. Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, 2d ed. Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 1994.
__________. Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek. 3d ed. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1998.
Mounce, W. D. Basics of Biblical Greek: Grammar. 4th ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2019.
Wallace, D. B. Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996.
按課程行事曆交Textual Criticism Worksheets.
· Read an article on a particular word of significance in 1 John contained in the New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis (5 volumes) edited by Moisés Silva (Reference BS 2312 .N49 2014), then write a Word Study Article on that particular word as it is used in 1 John. The length of the article is to be between 2500 and 3000 words, excluding footnotes.
· Write an Exegesis Paper on any one verse in 1 John. The Exegesis Paper should be at least 5000 words, excluding footnotes. The paper will be graded according to (1) the treatment of grammatical and lexical issues in the text, (2) integration of historical and literary contexts with the text, (3) sensitivity to the theological issues raised in the text, (4) interaction with secondary literature, and (5) the use of Greek tools and the quality of the final translation of the text.
· Both essays should be typed double-space in accordance with the usual academic format. For paper due dates see Course Calendar. One grade step will be deducted (e.g., from b- to c+) for all late submissions of the Word Study Article per class period. The Word Study Article will NOT be accepted beyond the due date of the Exegesis Paper. The due date for the Exegesis Paper is June 22 23:59 at 網上校園。Late submission for all other assignments beyond the stated deadlines will carry no credit.
· Oral Reading: Students will read one chapter of 1 John (except ch. 1) and submit the reading sound file to網上校園 according to the課程行事曆. The reading will be graded according to the fluency of the recitation and the correctness of pronunciation according to the standard given in Mounce.
· A Reading Report should be turned on the last day of class (June 11), indicating whether all assigned readings in the Course Calendar have been completed or not.
Course Work Course Weight Details
TC Worksheets 10% Due on April 7.
1 John Oral 10% Due on April 16.
Word Study Article 25% Due on June 4.
Reading Report 10% Due on June 11
Exegetical Paper 45% Due on June 22.
Attendance 0% However, a grade of INCOMPLETE (for those taking the course for credit) will be given if attendance drops below 90%, i.e., missing more than 2 classes.
- Teacher: 張雲開老師 Mr. Paul Cheung FACULTY