課程題目：CO509-E / CO709 輔導與基督教信仰
This is one of the integration courses in the Marriage and Family Counseling programs. This course is an introduction to the connections between theory and practice in counseling in relating the Christian faith to the mental health disciplines. Students in this course will reflect what it means to be a Christian in the fields of counseling and psychotherapy; understand religion and spirituality issues in contemporary counseling and psychotherapy; and attempt to appraise the current major counseling theories in the mental health field from the perspective of evangelical Christianity. Finally, students will try to identify the motivation, core values and personal passions from their own spiritual journey that sustain their interest in becoming a counselor who engages others in strategic conversation to address change.
- 1st Week (April 1)
Topic:Introduction - The Changes in Counseling
- 2nd Week (April 8)
Topic: The Counselor and Counseling
- 3rd Week (April 15)
Topic: The Core of Counseling – process and skills
- 4th Week (April 22)
Topic: The Core of Counseling – Theories I
- 5th Week (April 29)
Topic: The Core of Counseling – Theories II
- 6th Week (May 6)
Topic: Prominent Issue I – grief and depression
- 7th Week (May 13)
Topic: Prominent Issue II – shame and guilt
- 8th Week (May 20)
Topic: Prominent Issue III – anger and bitterness
- 9th Week (May 27)
Topic: Spiritual Issues in Counseling
- 10th Week (June 3)
Topic: Conclusion - Counseling and Christian Soul-Care
1. Integration Paper. 整合文章 (課堂學習內容整理和個人反思) - writing guidelines will be provided in class.
2. Choose either "Interview and Process Paper" (訪問資深基督徒輔導員/心理學家和撰寫反思) OR "Biblical Case Study" (聖經人物個案研究分析)
[本課程雖然沒有指定課本, 但學員必須閲讀有關文獻资料, 作為功課的主要參考.所有閲讀資料將放到網上校園, 同學必須自行下載].
1. Greggo, S. P. & Sisemore, T. A. (Ed.). (2012). Counseling and Christianity: Five Approaches. USA: IVP Academic.
2. Collins, G. R. (2007). Christian Counseling: A Comprehensive Guide (latest edition). USA: Thomas Nelson.
3. Greggo, S. P. (2019). Assessment for Counseling in Christian Perspective. IVP Academic.
4. Kidwell, R. J. (2012). Parameters of the Soul: Toward a Christian Psychology. USA: CreateSpace.
5. Johnson, E. L. (Ed.). (2010). Psychology and Christianity: Five Views. IVP Academic.
6. Jones, S. L. & Butman, R. E. (2011). Modern Psychotherapies: A Comprehensive Christian Appraisal. USA: IVP Academic.
7. Johnson, E. L. (2017). God & Soul Care: The Therapeutic Resources of the Christian Faith. IVP Academic.
8. Voiss, J. K. (2015). Rethinking Christian Forgiveness: Theological, Philosophical and Psychological Explorations. Liturgical Press.
9. Elisabeth A. Nesbit Sbanotto, Heather Davediuk Gingrich, and Fred C. Gingrich. (2016). Skills for Effective Counseling: A Faith-Based Integration. CAPS: IVP Academic.
10. Virginia Todd Holeman (2012). Theology for Better Counseling: Trinitarian Reflections for Healing and Formation. CAPS: IVP Academic.
- Teacher: 劉佩婷博士 Dr. Lau Pui Ting FACULTY